DOT Physicals for Commercial Truck Drivers in Cheltenham, PA
Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals are necessary in order for commercial truck drivers to renew their commercial driver’s license (CDL) and continue their trucking career. Without a DOT physical, a truck driver will not be able to drive a commercial vehicle over state lines or locally.
Thankfully, DOT physicals are simple and easy to complete for local truck drivers at AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham. Drivers located near Philadelphia and Cheltenham can get their physical completed on the same day as their visit to our facility.
If you need to get a DOT physical as soon as possible to renew an expiring CDL, then please call our facility immediately or visit our walk-in clinic.
For questions, please contact Kerry Mulvey at KMulvey@afcurgentcare.com
What are the medical requirements to pass a DOT physical?
Drivers renewing their CDL must meet both federal guidelines and medical requirements to renew their DOT medical card and license. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Commission (FMCSA), drivers must meet the following medical requirements to pass their physical:
- Vision requirements: at least 20/40 in each eye with corrected or uncorrected vision
- Blood pressure: at least 120/80-140/90 based on new changes to healthy blood pressure guidelines for adults
- Hearing requirements: able to hear a whisper from five feet away
- Medication adherence: confirmed history of controlling health issues with proper medication
- Chronic disease requirements: able to control or manage chronic diseases that haven’t led to significant health issues
Some drivers are able to receive medical exemptions based on unique circumstances and should consult the FMCSA site for more information.
Get your DOT Physical fast and effectively at AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham
Drivers shouldn’t have to wait at the DMV or a crowded medical examiner’s office to get their DOT physical: they can visit our walk-in clinic to get same-day physicals and continue their trucking career without a major delay. If you have more questions visit our clinic located at 2401 W Cheltenham Ave in Wyncote, PA or use the map below for fast directions!