Traveling can be one of the most amazing experiences you can have, allowing you to escape from your comfort zone and experience new and exciting cultures and locations throughout the world. However, some locations come with certain risks. If you are traveling out of the country, make sure you have received the correct vaccinations prior to your departure.
What you need to know before your departure
AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham offers travel vaccinations for many conditions and infections. Before you leave for vacation you should consider certain questions:
- Have you visited a healthcare provider prior to your trip?
- Do you know which vaccinations you need for your destinations?
- Do you have a weak immune system due to certain health conditions?
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is there a baby or a child traveling with you?
- Are you aware of the health risk at your destinations?
When to Get Travel Medication
Our medical care providers here will make sure that you are vaccinated with the correct shots, and will give you some advice on what to look out for in your specific region of travel. Making sure you get your travel medicine on time is extremely important, or else you may find yourself spending most of your trip at a doctors’ office. AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham can prescribe the following travel medications and provide vaccinations as needed:
- Altitude sickness
- Motion sickness
Travel Vaccinations & Medicine for Patients in Cheltenham, PA
If you have any more questions or concerns, including pricing and specific infections, please feel free to contact us at 215-935-6777.