Do you often put others’ needs first rather than your own? There is nothing wrong with that—it makes you an amazing person wanting to care for the needs of others.
However, you also need to make sure you are making time for yourself. Regularly carving out time for self-care and healthy lifestyle habits can help ensure you remain at your physical and mental best.
Our team at AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham wants to offer some tips on how to do just that.
Should I Practice Self-Care?
Yes, yes and yes! Self-care is not selfish.
Rather, it is just the opposite. Self-care can help you to boost your self-esteem, stay motivated and improve your overall health. Self-care isn’t about manicures and pedicures, either—it’s about regularly taking care of yourself.
Tips for Self-Care
- Get between seven and nine hours of quality sleep each night.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice meditation and other stress management techniques.
- Spend time with your family and friends.
- Take time away from work when needed.
How Much Exercise Should I Be Getting?
Exercise is one the best ways to optimize your health, since it promotes both physical and mental wellness. How much you need depends largely on your overall health goals and fitness level.
But basic guidelines for good health call for at least 30 minutes of physical activity on most days of the week. You should aim for a blend of cardiovascular exercises, strength training and workouts that promote balance.
Benefits of Exercise
- You feel happier.
- You can maintain a healthy weight.
- It can be good for muscles and bones.
- You can decrease your risk of certain diseases.
- It can improve your skin health.
- You can boost your memory.
It’s important to know where your health stands in order to know how to improve it. Stop by AFC Urgent Care Cheltenham today for a wellness check. No appointment is necessary!